It is well for you to consider what you lose every morning that you pass up Holy Communion:
1. You miss a personal visit with Jesus, Author of all spiritual energy and all holiness;
2. You lose a special increase of sanctifying grace, which makes your sould more pleasing to God;
3. You lose a quota of sacramental grace which entitles you to special help in times of temptation and in the discharge of your special duties.
4. You miss the special preserving influence which each Holy Communion confers against the fires of passion;
5. You miss the opportunity of having remitted a part, or all, of the temporal punishments due to your sins;
6. You lose the spiritual joy, the sweetness and particular comfort that comes from a fervent Holy Communion.
7. You lose a part of the glory that your body might enjoy at its resurrection on the Las Day;
8. You lose the greater degree of glory you would possess in Heaven for all eternity;
9. You may lose:
a. Complete victory over some fault or passion;
b. Some particular grace long prayed for;
c. The conversion or salvation of some soul;
d. Deliverance of a relative or friend from Purgatory
e. Many gracees for others, both the living and the dead.
Will a few extra minutes of sleep repay you for all these losses?
What riches hundreds of thousands of Catholics deprive themselves daily by neglecting Mass. It in itself is the best preparation for Holy Communion. At the hour of death our greatest consolation will be the Masses we have heard and the Holy Communions received.